OGC, as a formal organization, must institute and follow a defined set of Policies and Procedures in order to fulfill its vision and mission. Below are links to information defining these policies and procedures as well as a few of the formal texts - the actual by laws and intellectual property documents - that cover the OGC methodology for doing business. Please make sure you refer to these on occasion as they are, by their nature, often revised.
- Current Bylaws - The Board of Directors of the Open Geospatial Consortium approved the current Bylaws of Open Geospatial Consortium - Revised 4 April 2019. It replaces any and all prior versions of the Bylaws of the Open Geospatial Consortium. Copies of Bylaws versions prior to and including the last revision of 14 December 2011 are available upon request from the Consortium's business office in Wayland, Massachusetts.
- Principles of Conduct
- The OGC Technical Committee uses the Technical Committee Policies and Procedures document in order to carry out its work in Standards Development.
- Legal Notices & Term and Conditions
- Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
- Innovation Program Policies, Processes, and Procedures (IP PP&P)
- Policies & Procedures for Translation of OGC Public Documents
- Policies & Procedures for the OGC Architecture Board (OAB)
- Policies & Procedures for the Compliance Testing Program (CITE)
- Policies & Procedures for the OGC Naming Authority SC
- Digital Properties List