OGC, as a formal organization, must institute and follow a defined set of Policies and Procedures in order to fulfill its vision and mission. Below are links to information defining these policies and procedures as well as a few of the formal texts - the actual by laws and intellectual property documents - that cover the OGC methodology for doing business. Please make sure you refer to these on occasion as they are, by their nature, often revised.
Bylaws - The Board of Directors of the Open Geospatial Consortium approved the current Bylaws of Open Geospatial Consortium - Revised 16 December 2021. It replaces any and all prior versions of the Bylaws of the Open Geospatial Consortium. Copies of Bylaws versions prior to and including the last revision of 4 April 2019 are available upon request from the Consortium's Secretary.
Principles of Conduct - govern personal and public interactions in any OGC activity.
Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) - The current OGC IPR Policy as adopted by the Board of Directors.Policies and Procedures - Policies and Procedures govern the operation of several OGC Committees, Subcommittees, and Programs. Specific policy documents are found below.
- Technical Committee Policies and Procedures - The OGC Technical Committee uses the Technical Committee Policies and Procedures document in order to carry out its work in Standards Development.
- Technical Committee Policy Directives - This database captures OGC Policies and Directives related to the proper writing of technical content in an OGC standards document as directed by the Technical and Planning Committees.
- Policies & Procedures for the OGC Naming Authority SC - The OGC Technical Committee uses the policies of the OGC Naming Authority to govern key resources delivered as part of or in addition to OGC standards.
- Innovation Program Policies, Processes, and Procedures (IP PP&P) - The OGC Innovation Program Policies & Procedures describe the various initiative types run by the Innovation Program and explains the organization of IP initiative types with respect to a Technology Readiness Level scale.
- Policies & Procedures for the OGC Architecture Board (OAB) - OAB policy to provide the structure and mechanism to review, document, and provide guidance related to the architecture of OGC standards, including life cycle guidance and governance .
- Policies & Procedures for the Compliance Testing Program (CITE) - Policy that describes the roles and responsibilities, compliance testing procedures, development of test packaging, and policies for developing and releasing the software used for testing.
- Policies & Procedures for Translation of OGC Public Documents
- OGC Gender Equality Policy
- OGC Environmental Policy
Legal Notices & Term and Conditions