SWE Maturity Request for Information
For more information please contact email@example.com
Request for Information (RFI) on SWE Implementation Maturity
This project is now complete. Results of the project are in the OGC SWE Implementation Maturity Engineering Report
- OGC is seeking information about maturity of Sensor Web Enablement (SWE) Standards.
- This RFI seeks information about successful implementations of SWE to provide the UK Ministry of Defense (MoD) with a “state of the practice” and benefits of using SWE.
- While all implementations of SWE are of interest, of particular interest to this RFI are operational implementations of SWE in the defence and space community, with direct interest in Intelligence, Surveillance, Target Acquisition, and Reconnaissance (ISTAR).
Information received by OGC will be used in a webinar and ER for MoD stakeholders
- Emphais will be on the maturity and benefits of SWE implementations.
- An OGC Engineering Report will be prepared summarizing the implementations, identifying the benefits, the most appropriate standards, and where research is needed and could be exploited.
- OGC is conducting this RFI to support GEOCORE led by Envitia under contract by Defense Science and Technology Laboratory (Dstl), Advanced Geospatial information and Intelligence Services (AGIS) research program within Ministry of Defense (MoD)
What to include in an RFI Response
Reponses to this RFI should include the following information at a minimum:
- Description of the implementation program: agency, mission, sensors
- Listing of SWE standards used and how they were used
- Description of challenges and benefits, e.g. testimonials, of using SWE
- Citations for publications providing more detail.
Responses should be limited to 10 pages per implementation program.
Do not send classified or proprietary information. Consider that any or all of the material may be made public.
The OGC will not reimburse submitters for any costs incurred in connection with preparing responses to this RFI.
How to Respond to the RFI
- Responses must be received by 29 March 2013, 5:00 pm EDT
- Send response to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions can be sent to email@example.com
- Clarifications will be posted here:
- (no clarifications, yet)
Activities and schedule
- Request for Information announced to OGC members – 18 March 2013
- Deadline for Responses to RFI – 29 March 2013
- Webinar presentation to MOD Stakeholders – 16 April 2013
- Agenda of presentations will be determined by RFI responses
- Engineering Report – 31 April 2013
- Content of ER determined by RFI Responses