OGC UK & Ireland Forum
This is a past event.
The next OGC UK & Ireland forum will be held virtually on Friday 11th September between 1100-1300 BST. The theme of the meeting will be “Open standards – why do they matter?”
The meeting will consist of two halves: the first one with invited speakers from the UK standards community and the second half with members’ contributions of 5 minute duration.
We have the following speakers confirmed:
- David Henderson, OS
- Alex Ramage, Transport Scotland
- Jonathan Lewis, UKHO
- Joe Cuddeford, Geospatial Commission
- Nadine Alameh, OGC
- Bart De Lathouwer, OGC
If your organisation is based in the UK or Ireland, and you'd like to contribute a short presentation on the theme, then please send a title and a few sentences describing your talk by Tuesday 25th August to info [at] ogc.org with the subject "Presentation for the UK & Ireland Forum."
The OGC UK Ireland Forum is an informal group of people and organizations in the UK and the Republic of Ireland that are interested in OGC Standards and Innovation. It is open to any organization (not just OGC Members!) located wholly or in part in the UK or Ireland.
The Forum's aims are
- to increase the profile and awareness of geospatial interoperability standards in the UK and in the Republic of Ireland, with national and local government as well as commercial and industry organizations.
- to provide a forum for the collaboration of developers and users of spatial data products and services.
- to assist in the definition of a set of standards to meet the requirements of the UK and Ireland.
- to assist organizations to understand the tangible benefits of implementing geospatial interoperability standards, to identify the relevant standards, and to plan for success in realizing these benefits through use of compliant products.
- to strive to work with other relevant industry and government bodies to achieve the OGC vision.
Please register here by close-of-business 10th September.