Geospatial Solutions, Innovation, and Business Development
Are you passionate about the potential of geospatial in every domain impacting our lives? Are you driven by innovation and the desire to connect the right pieces and the right people to solve problems faster? Are you interested in working with the best experts in geospatial in the world? Are you excited about working with more than 580 organizations to get the most out of innovation and geospatial - including ESA, NASA, Google, AWS, NGA, and many more? Are you passionate about the use of technologies for disaster preparedness, climate change, aviation, smart cities, infrastructure, digital twins, and more?
Then this job is for you! Working with the best in the world on impactful topics using the latest techs and innovation. Never a dull moment at OGC!
OGC Collaborative Solutions & Innovation (COSI) is seeking a Project Manager to work on the intersection of R&D project proposal development, project execution, and project results exploitation. Among many other topics, these R&D projects accelerate our collective readiness for climate change, build Digital Twins for the oceans and artificial Intelligence frameworks for climate intelligence, deal with semantic interoperability, or enable reproducible workflows with data integration on ground and in space.
Next year, OGC COSI will launch the OGC Academy. The OGC Academy will make tutorials and videos on the introduction and use of OGC technologies publicly available alongside COSI project deliverables. The Project Manager will help shape the OGC Academy, make project results from COSI projects available in it, and take care of the community development of the OGC Academy.
The ideal candidate combines a strong technical background with good communication skills. The candidate feels confident in a shared position that includes personal and others research work as well as the use of research results from other OGC COSI research projects and the standardization program. The candidate is good at explaining content and making it available in the context of a web platform, has programming skills and experience in data model development.
The position allows working from home at any location. The employment contract is with the OGC office in Belgium. Availability for meetings during business hours in Central European Time is required.
Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) is a membership organization hosting the largest formal community of organizations committed to solving problems and creating value out of geospatial, or location information. OGC connects people, communities, and technology to solve global challenges and address everyday needs. The organization represents over 580 leading businesses, government agencies, research organizations, and universities united with a desire to make location information FAIR – Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, and Reusable.
OGC is well-known for developing free, publicly available standards used in countless instances for searching, accessing, and processing geospatial data. To ensure we keep pace with the pace of innovation, OGC stood up and invested in a dedicated Collaborative Solutions & Innovation Program (COSI). COSI became the driving force behind OGC's agile research and now drives agile exploration, prototype evaluation, and knowledge transfer of new ideas in geospatial information technology from their speculative beginnings to market-ready technologies. For more information, go to https://www.ogc.org/innovation.
- You are someone that understands geospatial data and technology and can have detailed conversations with experts in our field
- You can guide a team to deliver on a schedule
- You can communicate with a client and understand their needs
- You have the courage to make decisions
- You are accountable and hold yourself to a high standard
- You are curious, inquisitive and want to know how things work
- You understand the complexities of a team, with an empathetic, calming effect on others
- You are motivated and disciplined to achieve your goals
- You fit into our unique culture, with open and equal communication from all team members in a distributed work environment and home offices for all team members
- You have experience creating and managing project budgets
- You have experience developing prototype projects and managing to completion
- You have experience creating presentations and presenting publicly
- Minimum of five (5+) or more years of experience with technical project management or a PhD in a technical field
- Experience building solutions for cross-organizational data discovery, exchange, and processing
- Experience with state-of-the-art Web technologies such as HTTP, Web APIs, linked data, geospatial data, JSON, edge & cloud services, and others
- Organized, team oriented, detail oriented, and able to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that is primarily timeline-driven
- Proficient with project management and collaboration software for distributed, collaborative research and development
- Background in geospatial IT
- MSc in computer science or related field (math, physics) desired but not required
- Experience with internationally distributed virtual innovation project teams
- Additional language skills, e.g. Spanish, welcome
- Oversee multiple project teams, ensuring program goals are reached
- Manage budget and funding channels for productivity and contract goals
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to jobs [at] ogc.org (subject: Geospatial%20Solutions%2C%20Innovation%2C%20and%20Business%20Development) .