GeoINT Business Development Representative
We are looking for a high-energy, driven professional with sound business acumen, strong technical aptitude, and natural instincts to join as a GeoINT Business Development Representative.
It’s a hands-on role where you’ll be developing multi-year initiatives supporting OGC’s mission. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of the GEOINT landscape, is skilled at identifying partners, and is effective at developing winning strategies. The candidate is expected to represent OGC at the highest levels with industry, alliance partners, and governmental agencies.
You are comfortable creating and executing approaches for top leadership executives and tech-savvy influencers, resulting in the close of new opportunities. Based in your virtual office, you will help us improve our strategic approach to the GEOINT community on behalf of our members.
OGC is a virtual organization, with staff and consultants in Australia, India, Europe, the UK, Canada, and the USA. We are the world’s leading and most comprehensive community of experts making location data and information more Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, and Reusable. Our members are innovative, creative, dedicated, and passionate about what we do - solving problems collectively - as should be the successful candidate!
We welcome Full-time, Part-time or Consultant applicants.
Role and Responsibilities
- Understand GEOINT priorities and influence key Government and Private Sector organizations supporting the development of initiatives for OGC
- Identify, develop, and execute new strategies in partnership with the OGC team to expand OGC’s footprint in the GeoINT marketplace.
- Find and close new opportunities for innovation program initiatives and senior-level memberships.
- Work closely with our existing members and OGC staff to generate new high-value requirements and work to convert the ideas into a funded project
- Develop proposals and materials that clearly differentiate how OGC brings current and future value to the GeoINT community
- Develop annual budget requirements for travel and related resources necessary to ensure success
- US Citizen (Ideally with clearances)
- Based in the Washington, DC Region
- Knowledge of the Location and Geospatial industry and technology for the GEOINT community.
- Extensive established networks in the GeoINT community
- Ability to craft compelling and polished proposals and written communications
- Minimum of 10 years of business development experience with a proven track record
- Minimum 10 years developing and maintaining relationships with C-level executives and government leadership
- Demonstrable understanding of project and membership lifecycles, specifically for location-based solutions
- Outstanding verbal communication skills; the candidate must be authentic, disciplined, and persuasive, and comfortable presenting to an executive-level audience
- Available for frequent local and less frequent international travel
- Familiarity with basic office tools ( e.g CRM, G-Suite )
- Expert-level knowledge and experience with location and Geospatial technologies
- Previous experience working directly with the OGC Community
- Strong connections with the International GeoINT community
The Open Geospatial Consortium is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
All applications should be forward with cover letter and resume to jobs [at] ogc.org No phone calls accepted.