Executive Assistant - Governance
Executive Assistant - Governance
Chief Executive Officer
Remote, Washington, DC
Full time, exempt
The Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) is a not for profit, international membership organization driven to make geospatial (location) information and services FAIR - Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, and Reusable. OGC’s member-driven consensus process creates royalty free, publicly available geospatial Standards. Working at the cutting edge of information technology, OGC conducts a combination of in-person and virtual events for our diverse community of location experts. Learn more about the OGC on our website.
Our membership of academia, government, and industry includes organizations like NASA, Google, Amazon Web Services, and has a quickly growing startup community. Working at the cutting edge of information with technologies like Cloud, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Virtual and Augmented Reality, and more, OGC conducts a combination of in-person and virtual events for our diverse community of location experts. Learn more about the OGC on our website.
For more information, go to ogc.org.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented and motivated individual to join our Executive team. The Executive Assistant is a full time remote position based in the United States, preferably in the Washington, DC area. The position will report to the Chief Executive Officer. The position will also support the Senior Management team and collaborate with the Board of Directors.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work directly with the CEO to organize and accelerate the growth of our fast moving Consortium supporting and managing a high-volume of requests and projects to meet the objectives of the CEO.
- Provide sophisticated calendar management; prioritize inquiries and requests, troubleshooting conflicts with little guidance, make judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-today engagements.
- Proved logistical support for volunteer committees, Senior Management Quarterly/Weekly All-Hands meetings. Includes scheduling meetings, conference calls and webinars, preparing material and taking minutes.
- Serve as the CEO’s Liaison to the OGC Board of Directors scheduling meetings, maintaining communications, coordinating material including slide presentations and following up on meeting action items.
- Support the CEO in Strategic Membership communications, organizational strategy and all other special projects as assigned.
- Run logistics for domestic and international travel as needed
- Additional tasks as required
- Associates degree in applicable field.
- 3 years of relevant experience.
- Fantastic communication in writing and in person, internally and externally to a variety of audiences including scientists and executives.
- Must have strong attention to detail and accuracy, be organized.
- Tech savvy, including gmail, other G-Suite products, Slack, Trello and GitHub.
- Should be a hands-on, energetic self-starter with strong problem-solving skills.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
What we offer you:
You’ll be a member of a phenomenal group of business professionals that have an innovative and team approach to success. We guarantee that you will have tremendous learning opportunities and will be actively encouraged to creatively contribute. Our benefits are comprehensive and include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, and vacation and sick time allowances.
OGC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements. OGC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
All applications should be forwarded with cover letter and resume to jobs [at] ogc.org No phone calls accepted.