Community Manager - Technical Committee - Full Time ( Remote)
Reporting to the Chief Standards Officer, this is an exciting opportunity for talented and motivated individuals to join our Standards team. The position directly supports the coordination, scheduling, agenda creation, and on-boarding for OGC’s technical Working Groups, which meet both during our multiple member meetings each year and remotely.
The primary objective of the position is to strengthen and help better organize the community, both by actively connecting with Working Group chairs to identify areas of impact and to elevate the profile of the Working Groups, members, and chairs.
The Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) is a not-for-profit, international membership organization driven to make geospatial and location information and services FAIR - Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, and Reusable. OGC’s member-driven collaborative process creates royalty-free, publicly available geospatial standards through practical innovations based on real world challenges related to climate change, disasters, health, the marine environment and much more.
Our 500+ members making a global impact are from Industry, government, and academia and includes the world’s leading organizations. Working at the cutting edge of information with technologies like Cloud, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Virtual and Augmented Reality, and more, OGC conducts a combination of in-person, virtual and innovative pilots for our diverse community of location experts.
OGC is the ideal organization for those wanting to help make an impact to improve the world’s ability to make better evidence based decisions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the chairs of our Working Groups to schedule meetings and ensure agendas are created and posted in a timely manner;
- Assist Working Group participants in identifying a mission and focus for their group, including identification of publications or other work products to be created and convening of special sessions, webinars, or summits;
- On-board new Working Group members and chairs for existing Working Groups;
- Assist in charter creation or revision for new and existing Working Groups;
- Support the chairs in providing regular and timely updates to members of the Working Groups;
- Respond to questions and issues from chairs and Working Group members related to member meeting sessions, remotely scheduled meetings, timelines for document submissions, and other issues;
- Support the OGC team and members during our face-to-face member meetings;
- Work with the OGC team to elevate the profile of our Working Groups and members in the global community; and
- Function as a deputy Technical Committee Chair to advance Working Group outputs as OGC work products or publications.
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Fantastic communication in writing and in person, to a variety of audiences including scientists and executives.
- Must have strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Tech-savvy, including Gmail, other G-Suite products, Slack, Trello, and GitHub.
- Should be a hands-on, energetic self-starter with strong problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with OGC processes and Standards and broad Geospatial Industry knowledge
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Ability to travel internationally ( estimated 15%)
What we offer you:
You’ll be a member of a phenomenal group of business professionals that have an innovative and team approach to success. We guarantee that you will have tremendous learning opportunities and will be actively encouraged to creatively contribute. Our benefits are comprehensive and include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, and vacation and sick time allowances.
OGC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements. OGC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
All applications should be forwarded with cover letter and resume to jobs [at] ogc.org (subject: Community%20Manager%20-%20Technical%20Committee%20-%20Full%20Time%20(%20Remote)) . No phone calls accepted.