Technical Committee (TC)
For more information, download the Technical Committee Policies and Procedures.
- Voting privileges only accessible to OGC Technical members and above.
- Provides a consensus-based forum via:
- Standards Working Groups - Groups that work on standards (new or revisions) through the OGC RFC process.
- Domain Working Groups - Groups that work on technology- or domain-specific requirements for interoperability.
- Subcommittees - Standing groups providing recommendations to the TC or PC in specific areas.
- Coordinates development, modification and adoption of OGC Standards.
- Evaluates, approves, and recommends standards and documents.
Planning Committee (PC)
The Planning Committee is composed of OGC Strategic and Principal Members.
- Voting privileges only accessible to OGC Principal members and above.
- Approves Technical Committee recommendations for the adoption and release of OGC standards, and for specification program planning.
- Provides technology impact planning for standards development.
- Guides OGC’s market outreach strategies and messaging, including review of press releases.
- Recommends and votes on appointments to the OGC Board of Directors.
- Handles relationships with OGC alliance partners.
- Provides guidance on OGC’s Business Plan.
- Provides guidance on and vote for OGC Policies and Procedures documents.
OGC Architecture Board (OAB)
- Membership by election
- Provides a forum to discuss OGC-wide standards architecture, OGC standards baseline lifecycle management, and consistency in architecture.
- Evaluates current technology issues and trends, and identifies gaps to be addressed by OGC members.
- Uses the OGC Reference Model as guidance, and reviews it when required.
- Recommends external liaisons beneficial to the consortium.
- Approves all OGC Innovation Program Interoperability Experiments.
- Resolves consortium conflicts and appeals.
- Provides guidance and recommendations to the TC, PC, and SMAC.
For more information, download the OAB Policies & Procedures.
Strategic Member Advisory Committee (SMAC)
- Guides OGC strategy of being a:
- Hub of technical expertise
- Trusted forum for partnerships
- Global authority on standards
- Participation privileges exclusive to OGC Strategic members.
- Provides a forum for strategic members to guide and influence the strategic planning processes of the Consortium, and to support the Consortium’s operations aimed at achieving its mission as defined in the bylaws.
- Operates in parallel to the TC and PC.
- Acts as the approval body for the Innovation Program Policies and Procedures.