Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) is a worldwide community committed to improving access to geospatial, or location information. We connect people, communities, and technology to solve global challenges and address everyday needs. The organization represents over 500 businesses, government agencies, research organizations, and universities united with a desire to make location information FAIR – Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, and Reusable.
Our community creates free, publicly available geospatial standards that enable new technologies. OGC also manages an agile and collaborative research & development process – the OGC Collaborative Solutions and Innovation Program – that anticipates and solves real-world geospatial challenges experienced by our members. For more information, go to ogc.org.
The ERP & Web Developer at the OGC is responsible for the ongoing development, implementation, maintenance, and operational support of the NetSuite based ERP and a collaborative web-based portal, including web application development, demonstration support, database design, and systems management.
The ERP & Web Developer is also responsible for supporting users of applications by optimizing the functionality of business software and related business processes. This includes fielding questions, troubleshooting, overseeing development of new functionality and implementing process-change requests.
Primary responsibility will be developing and maintaining the OGC and client Web presence, along with assisting OGC Staff with IT related issues and evaluate and recommend technology implementations for Staff and Consortium use.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Web Portal Maintenance and Development: Lead project management responsibility for the development, implementation, and operational maintenance of the Web Portals that we either currently maintain or bring into our portfolio
- OGC Website Developments and Operational Support: Lead project management responsibility for the development, implementation, and operational maintenance of various OGC Websites
- Support to Specification Program Operations: Support OGC Specification Program operations by working with other Outreach Staff to develop and maintain necessary Web support, email lists, and systems operations. You will receive and field member inquiries, providing timely and appropriate response, or assuring that inquiries are forwarded to the appropriate OGC staff for immediate action
- Support to Interoperability Program Operations: Support the OGC Collaborative Innovation and Solutions Program (COSI) operations by working with other Staff to develop and maintain necessary Web support, email lists, and systems operations. Assist COSI with demonstration support. Receive and field member inquiries, providing timely and appropriate response, or assuring that inquiries are forwarded to the appropriate OGC staff for immediate action
- Support to OGC Meetings and Conferences: As necessary, support OGC staff in the preparation for and the conduct of OGC meetings, conferences and symposiums
- Other Duties as Assigned: Provide support and management for other aspects of OGC IT and Outreach and Operations as required. Acting in support of the overall vision and mission of OGC, the ERP & Web Developer may be required to perform duties not foreseen or otherwise accounted for in this letter
- Organized, team oriented, detail oriented, and able to handle multiple projects concurrently
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work well with all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations is essential
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
What we offer you:
You’ll be a member of a phenomenal group of business professionals that have an innovative and team approach to success. We guarantee that you will have tremendous learning opportunities and will be actively encouraged to creatively contribute. Our benefits are comprehensive and include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, and vacation and sick time allowances.
OGC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OGC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Send Cover Letter and resume no later than 31 March to email@example.com. No phone calls accepted.