OGC Membership Fees Table
The OGC is an open membership organization. The OGC offers a range of membership options for industry, government, academic, research and not-for-profit organizations interested in supporting the Consortium’s global mission:
After determining your membership fee (see the OGC membership fee calculator at the top of this page), you may begin the application process using either our printable paper form(s) or our online application. Membership fees are discounted for many countries.
Read more below about the benefits of membership for each of the OGC membership levels. In the About menu above you will find information about the OGC's organizational structure and policies.
Associate membership (eight types)
OGC offers membership levels suitable for any organization, regardless of size or organization type. We strive to ensure that membership is affordable and inclusive for all. See below for a summary of our many benefits.
|Benefits /Membership Level||Associate||Technical||Principal||Strategic||Value|
|Unlimited OGC Portal accounts||√||√||√||√||Access to exclusive member-only content for an unlimited number of your staff|
|Networking, Business Intelligence and Partnering||√||√||√||√||Easy access to the world’s leading geospatial organizations|
|Summary Report from Member Meetings||√||√||√||√||One-stop source for the latest and greatest updates|
|Member promoted on OGC website||√||√||Logo on homepage||Logo on homepage||Brand awareness and promotion|
|Voting rights in Working Groups||√||√||√||√||Influence Working Groups and the Standards Roadmap|
|Complimentary registrations to OGC member meetings||1||2||4||20||Save on registration fees and help build the community|
|Funded opportunities to participate in Innovation Program Initiatives||√||√||√||√||Member-only Financial support to participate in Testbeds and Pilots|
|Member discount on trademark license fees (scaled by membership level)||Good||Excellent||Substantial||Outstanding||Save money compared to non-members|
|Voting rights in the Technical Committee||√||√||√||Influence an adoption vote|
|Annual On-site face to face meeting with OGC leadership||√||√||Gain focused attention from OGC senior leadership|
|Planning Committee membership and voting rights||√||√||Influence OGC policies, positions, adoption votes, and board of directors|
|Dedicated staff hours||24||40||Senior OGC staff hours for your organization customized to your requirements|
|Assigned memberships||√||√||Amplify your voice by inviting. partners to actively participate in OGC for one year|
|Strategic Member Advisory Committee voting participation||√||Be part of the prestigious top-level leadership committee to advise the OGC Board and Planning Committee on strategic activities, guide OGC's direction via targeted investments in areas of interest and market requirements|
- Commercial / Government National
- Government Supranational
- Small Company (<USD 2,000,000 annual gross revenue)
- Research Institution
- Non-Governmental Organizations / Not for Profit
- Government Subnational (e.g. state or provincial organization)
- Government Local (e.g. town, city, county…)
- Individuals – sole proprietors / independent contractors / LLC treated as a sole proprietor
Associate membership provides: forums for peer-to-peer networking; webinars with technology providers and advanced technology users; access to members-only OGC documents; and attendance at OGC meetings, which affords networking with a global community of users and providers.
Technical – As a Technical member, in addition to the features and benefits of Associate membership, your organization will also have voting participation in the OGC Technical Committee on all standards and other matters brought before the TC for approval. (Candidate standards developed in OGC Standards Working Groups must be approved by the Technical Committee.) Technical members receive 2 free registrations to each OGC Technical Committee meetings. Through its registrations, your organization can cover sessions at quarterly TC meetings and expose your people to the rich networking opportunities that OGC meetings provide. Technical members also receive an annual unlimited package ceiling on Trademark Licensing Fees, and may arrange and annual OGC staff on-site visit if travel costs are paid by member.
- Maintain and approve policies and procedures for OGC’s Innovation Program
- Receive 20 free registrations to each quarterly Technical and Planning Committee meeting, and an annual unlimited package ceiling on Trademark Licensing Fees for their products
- Receive up to 40 hours of OGC staff support each year for internal training and advice
- Coincident with its membership year and with OGC president approval, a Strategic member may assign 2 Associate and 4 Individual one-year memberships to universities, research organizations, commercial provider organizations or independent contractors that work under contract to the member in support of OGC related activities. These Associate and Individual members must become paying members to continue OGC involvement beyond their first year. Strategic members may assign different organizations to membership at the beginning of each membership year.